Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ahh Pinterest, you never leave me with a lack of ideas for manis when I'm feeling un-inspired!

This mani was a copy of a picture I saw this week on Pinterest. It looked a bit challenging, but I'm always up for something different!

I used no less than 9 polishes (yes NINE), and a nail art pen for this one...that's including a base coat and a top coat. Quite an impressive assortment, so much so that I needed to take a pic of the spread. I'm not sure whether to be proud that I didn't have to go out and buy new polish for this...or slightly alarmed that my collection is at the point where I have everything I need most times to create the look I want. Let's go with proud :)

Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat, SinfulColors - Flower Girl & Bad Chick, Sally Hansen - White On & Black Out, Sephora by OPI - Under My Trench Coat & Only Gold For Me, Sally Hansen - Guilty Pleasure, Seche Vite - Base Coat, and finally Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen - Black.  WHEW!

It honestly wasn't as hard as I thought. It just took a bit a patience to wait for all the colors to dry before I used the nail art pen.  Oh, and the nail art pen isn't the best over a top coat...you have to go over the same line a few times for it to actually stick.

The only thing I would change is to do more nails like my thumb, very detailed. I'm in love with the tribal-esque look!

Can't wait to try this again with different colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment