Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Last night around 1am I found myself coughing non-stop.  I have been fighting a cold/cough all week.  I thought I was getting better, but the night before the race the cough was horrible.  I had this tiny little tickle in the back of my throat that made it impossible for me to go without coughing every 2 minutes.  We thought for sure I'd be bailing on the race today.  Josh took good care of me and stayed up until I got myself situated.  I downed a bunch of cough syrup, tea with honey, and topped it off with a few puffs from the inhaler (I have asthma) and passed out from exhaustion.  I kept my alarm set in the chance I felt like running.  I'm glad I did!  We were both super tired, but we made it out to DC and completed the run.  It was colder than we expected it to be given the weather the past few months, but overall happy it didn't rain.

Here we are after the finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment