Sunday, July 8, 2012

Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

I stumbled upon a recipe browsing Pinterest. The original post used raisins and I'm not too fond of them. I decided to put in chocolate chips to help curb the chocolate chip cookie craving. These cookies passed even the hardest critics--my parents. They taste more like banana bread but, they're very filling and only 70 cals each! The best part is there's no added flour, sugar, eggs or butter!

3 ripe bananas
1/3 c. apple sauce (no sugar added)
2 c. old fashioned oats
1/4 c. original almond milk
1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Mash bananas and blend in the rest of the wet ingredients. Add oats and cinnamon. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12 mins. Voila!

I think the next time I'm going to try to omit at least half of the chips and add in some chocolate protein powder to give it a more chocolate rich taste and make them protein packed. All in all, pretty yummy for my first batch!

Per serving:
70 cals, 2g fat, 1.5g protein, 5g sugar, 3 mg sodium, 13.5g carbs. My calculations are based on a batch of 18 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment