Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The difference a year can make!

This is the best before and after picture that helps prove you can't get all weird and bulky from weight training. The pic on left is from one year ago at the same event. I trained completely different last year. I focused more on the cardio aspect and used weights here and there. It was my first sprint triathlon and I was just happy to cross the finish line.

Fast forward to this past weekend and I not only improved my time by over 14 MINUTES, I felt amazing after the race and have minimal soreness a few days out. I focused more of my training on weights and plyo to help strengthen my body and help with endurance. Cardio definitely played a part, but my main focus was on building lean muscle.

So excited to see just how far I've come in a years time with how my body looks and the positive effect it has on racing. Just when I think I am not seeing progress I will have to remind myself with these pics. I've come a long way. Change won't happen overnight. Be proud of the little things you accomplish. I can't wait to see where I'll be a year from now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment